SNELLING is currently seeking an Accounting Manager in the East Texas area. The primary function of the position is to plan, coordinate, record and supervise the financial activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities throughout the company.
This position will be a direct hire, meaning that while SNELLING would work with you through the consideration and interview process, the client would be the employer upon an offer being accepted. The value you receive in working with SNELLING is that we consult with you to help highlight your qualifications that are going to be most valued by the employer. If you are seeking an exciting opportunity with a growing company, keep reading…
Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager will include:
- Supervise the Sr. Accountant and Cash Accountant.
- Responsible for the coordination and monthly financial close process, as well as analyzing and reporting financial data. ?
- Responsibility for inter-company transactions and reconciliation.
- Preparation of trial balance and generation of financial statements and accompanying analysis. ?
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting control policies and procedures as required by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the maintenance of the financial accounting system. ?
- Seek opportunities to make improvements in how the areas under management of this position function on an ongoing basis
- Take accountability for the accounting deadlines calendar, adjusting as necessary
- Identify opportunities to better utilize software tools to increase efficiencies in everyday processes.
- Provide reports required by management, public accountants, auditors, banks, and government agencies. ?
Qualifications to be considered for the Accounting Manager position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related area is required.
- Five years of progressive experience in accounting, at least two of which should be in a supervisor capacity.
- Knowledge of GAAP and prior experience preparing financial statements for multiple entities
- CPA preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Advanced software skills required, especially in MS Word & Excel
- Ability to learn accounting software package
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time with proven time management skills.
- A strong work ethic to complete tasks in a high-quality manner.
Compensation for this position will depend on the educational and relevant professional employment experience of the selected candidate. A full benefits package is available.
SNELLING is a contingency recruiting firm, placing candidates in direct hire positions for over 60 years. All inquiries are strictly confidential, and all search fees are paid by our clients. Contact us TODAY with confidence!
Tyler, Texas 75701
APPLY FOR JOB