SNELLING is currently seeking a part-time Teller for a community bank in the East Texas area. The Teller will be responsible for providing a high level of service to the bank’s customer base. The client has determined that candidates who are most successful in the Teller position tend to be professional in appearance, detail oriented, able to problem solve, and have a courteous demeanor. Prior teller experience is preferred but not required; however, prior cash handling experience is a plus.
This Teller position will be temp-to-hire, meaning that SNELLING will work with you through the consideration and interview process, and be your employer for a probationary period upon an offer being accepted. The value you receive in working with SNELLING is that we consult with you to help highlight your qualifications that are going to be most valued by the client.
Responsibilities of the Teller position include:
- The execution of cash and account transactions, inclusive of: cashing checks, receiving deposits, change orders, processing transfers, loan payments, savings bond redemption, cash advances, travelers checks, cashier’s checks, money orders, stop payments, and wire transfers..
- Provide top-notch service to the bank’s most valuable constituency, its customers.
Qualifications to be considered for the Teller position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Problem solving ability.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including Saturdays.
- Familiarity and ability to operate a PC, calculator, telephone, fax machine, copier, and other office equipment.
- Ability to follow the bank’s policy and adapt to new regulation.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently complete required forms and reports.
- At the request of Branch Management, participate in other branch jobs as staffing levels dictate.
In addition to the above required qualifications, the successful Teller candidate will:
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic understanding of how a bank operates.
- A pleasant demeanor and a desire to serve the bank’s customer base.
SNELLING is a contingency recruiting firm, placing candidates in temporary, temp-to-hire and direct hire positions for over 60 years. All inquiries are strictly confidential and all search fees are paid by our clients. Contact us TODAY with confidence!
Tyler, Texas 75703
APPLY FOR JOB