Are you an experienced traveling commercial construction manager seeking a new opportunity where you can put your love of construction management to work? Snelling is seeking an experienced Construction Superintendent to join a growing general contractor in northeast Texas. This opportunity requires someone with 5 or more years’ experience supervising commercial projects from the ground up. Specifically, we are seeking someone whose experience includes construction of large, freestanding metal buildings. Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated that they are comfortable with extended travel, as that’s a requirement for this job. The Superintendent will handle a wide variety of issues that arise in the course of projects, making sure all parties are informed on the current status and getting needed approvals work proceeds. This role requires great communication skills so that projects can stay on track and all parties are aware of changing timelines, requirements, etc.
The Commercial Superintendent duties will include:
• Oversee the daily construction activities at the worksite, ensuring progress is made according to the construction schedule and budgetary guidelines.
• Assist in coordinating subcontractors and suppliers, holding each accountable so that timelines can be met
• Facilitate consistent communication between the all appropriate parties to confirm all cost increases are approved
• Keep appropriate parties informed of developing issues and suggest/implement resolutions
• Confirm all relevant inspections are being performed at the appropriate time
• Take the lead to confirm all relevant safety and security policies are followed, providing training or corrective measures where necessary
Field Superintendent Required Qualifications:
• HS Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 5+ years of recent experience with a general contractor/commercial construction company in a role supervising both w-2 employee’s and subcontractors on a project worksite (must have experience constructing large, free-standing metal buildings)
• Willingness to travel 90% or more to oversee projects located across the state of Texas and a continued willingness to do so. Generally, projects last about 3 to 6 months in one location, then the Commercial Superintendent will be assigned to another location where another project will break ground.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, articulate manner
• Intermediate level experience using Microsoft Office products and the ability/willingness to learn other industry-specific software as needed
• Detailed planning abilities
• Prior experience supervising, coaching/developing and terminating employees
Competitive salary plus company vehicle, per diem, gas card, cell phone, insurance benefits, PTO and 401K with generous company match.
Interested and qualified candidates for the Construction Superintendent opening should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Please be sure to include your most relevant experience in the resume submitted for this position. Resumes will be reviewed and those meeting the qualifications will be contacted for further conversation.
Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing and recruiting pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States. Leveraging more than 65 years of proven performance, the experts at Snelling have what it takes to solve your complex staffing challenges or find the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Our Tyler franchise has been owner-operated since the late 1970’s. We are an award-winning office in the Snelling network and are certified as a Historically Underutilized Business by the State of Texas.
Tyler, Texas 75701
APPLY FOR JOB